Rebeliss honours the rights of its members, employees and other users including website visitors’ right to privacy and data protection. We are fully committed to complying with the provisions of all applicable Data Protection legislation and regulations such as Data Protection Act and EU GDPR.
1) Data controller and data processor
What data we collect
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts
- how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use GOV.UK. This includes IP addresses. The data is anonymised before being used for analytics processing.
Google Analytics processes anonymised information about:
- the pages you visit on rebeliss.co.uk
- how long you spend on each rebeliss.co.uk page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not store your personal information through Google Analytics (for example your name or address) and we take steps to ensure that this information is not used, or combined with other datasets, to identify who you are.
We continuously test and monitor our data protection controls to make sure they’re effective and to detect any weaknesses.
Why we need your data
We collect information through Google Analytics to see how you use the site and government digital services. We do this to help:
- make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users
- make improvements, for exampleimproving site search
We also collect data in order to:
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
- allow you to make transactions
- provide you with information about events and offers
- monitor use of the site to identify security threatsOur legal basis for processing your data
The legal basis for processing personal data in relation to site security is our legitimate interests, and the legitimate interests of our users, in ensuring the security and integrity of rebeliss.co.uk
The legal basis for processing anonymised data for Google Analytics is your consent.
What we do with your data
The data we collect will not be used for the below purposes:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
We may pass your data to a third party listed as a provider of rebeliss.co.uk to provide the services to you
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
We will keep your email data until you unsubscribe. We will keep your feedback data for 2 years.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data – for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption. Is this on our website?
In the event of a breach of data integrity we will notify you of such breach
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances